New Television!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My wife has recently aquired a flat screen TV. Ideally where she wants me to install it there exists a double socket - problem is this is nearing the skirting board and the TV is to be placed on the centre of the wall.

Can I

(1) add another double socket behind the TV running off the existing double socket near the skirting board (haven't checked if this already a spur etc...)

(2) Easier to move the existing double socket by the skirting to up behind the TV?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
easiest thing would probably be to spur from the existing socket and create a new socket at desired position. obviously you cant spur off a spur so you'd have to check out if this option is viable.

if indeed it is a spur, you could add a FCU before the first spur allowing you to spur from the spur......hope you followed that! :LOL:

extending the old socket is another option but your going to have to join the cables some how (best trying to avoid joining cables if possible)

or

you could replace the leg(s) of the cable to the current socket and make them longer in order to reach the new position (this could be bit of hassle)

and of course your going to follow correct cable routes. :LOL:

or you could buy an extension lead but im thinking this may not please the missus! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back