new thermostat

Sponsored Links
if you have an internal or external existing timer, this will have to be set to constant on, in order to test the wires at the thermostat

Sponsored Links
Good morning right I have looked at my isolated switch near boiler an the grey wire is connected up so looks like it possible to wire smart one up

Attachments

• PXL_20221025_102934237~2.jpg
    PXL_20221025_102934237~2.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 38
That may depend on the connections available at the other end of the cable.
For a simple solution, you could consider something like a battery operated Nest Thermostat E?
This is what at other end

Attachments

• PXL_20221025_102934237~2.jpg
    PXL_20221025_102934237~2.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 34
This is what at other end
That shows us the wiring to a triple pole isolator, and doesn't really tell us more.
We still don't know if the wiring entering the isolator is connected to neutral (which would be naughty if it was, considering the free floating grey wire beneath the current thermostat).
And we still don't know if the thermostat was switching live or 24V - both would still work through the isolator.

....although having an isolator between thermostat and boiler would seem odd.

Does the other wire go straight into the boiler?

Last edited:
That show us the wiring to a triple pole isolator, and doesn't really tell us more.
We still don't know if the wiring entering the isolator is connected to neutral (which would be naughty if it was, considering the free floating grey wire beneath the current thermostat).
And we still don't know if the thermostat was switching live or 24V - both would still work through the isolator.

Does the other wire go straight into the boiler?
3 wires go to the boiler I have looked in the programmer an the grey neutral is connected aswell don't no if that helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back