New thread for quooker and insinkerator problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oops. Maybe should have started a new thread rather than resurrecting an old...

!!Link to old thread at foot of this post!!

No links - I just made my own conclusion seeing the Qwerky diagrams on t'net. Maybe the expansion discharge could be taken through an outside wall - but then it probably dribbles constantly as the water expands and heats:unsure:

A year later and they're still asking me to solve this issue!

Never happened when they first had the major refurb... "Why" they ask, is it happening now! Only thing I can think of is that the family has grown... More kids... more $hit down the waste disposal? Who knows! It's intermittent and not every time the waste disposer is used!
The whole lot is drained into a 4" pot in the floor, under the kitchen base units and goes under the floor back to "wherever" the stack is... God knows how far to a vent, so I guess back pressure is causing it to seek the tundish rather than down the drain.

I'm beginning to think about slinging the discharge out the back wall (as you suggested @Nige F and just making the clean up part of garden maintenance.
Maybe a soak-away could be used... But it's all gonna ruin the architectural hidden-ness of everything :eek: Still, I'm the plumber not the architect so, why should I give a f€ck? :LOL:

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/waste-disposal-unit-quooker-tap-problem.504289/

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back