saniflo discharge elbow won't stay in place!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just fitted a Saniflo Sanipro - 1st time with a Saniflo - heard horrors galore, but thought can't be that bad. How wrong I was!

Leaving aside the useless instructions, and awful connections to the unit, the huge problem is that when the unit runs, the Discharge elbow pops out of the unit every time.

I cannot comprehend why Saniflo don't provide a positive location for this - surely for such a vital fitting, something that locks in place, or a threaded fixing, would be de rigeur?

So I have a useless bathroom.

The Saniflo discharges into 22mm Hep 20, running initially vertically for 2.5 metres, which then bends gracefully through 90 degrees over 800mm [what I call a gentle curve], then falls the 800mm over 5 metres, before entering the waste stack.

Obviously the discharge connection cannot cope with the back pressure. Alarmingly, the Saniflo case can be seen to flex like Quatermass each time it "pulses", before the elbow leaps from it's rubber home, spraying waste water everywhere [doesn't bear imagining the mess if the unit was full of sh*t!!].

Does anyone have any ideas? Would putting in 32mm in place of the 22mm [a bleeding hassle to do] make a significant difference?

Alternatively, I could take the discharge under the floor to the stack, avoiding the 3 metre vertical lift altogether, but wouldn't be able to adhere to a 1% gradient.

I've tried silicone on the discharge elbow connection to the unit [complete waste of time], and tightening the jubilee clip [distorted the whole thing, so that water leaked from around the pipe].

A rather disconcerted poster!

PS: Amazon offer a Vortigen for a fraction of the Saniflo price - anyone had experience of these?

Sponsored Links
I have never heard of anyone having any of those problems.

Its always better to use 32 mm but they are specked for using 21.5 mm and pumping upwards to 3 m.

Have you had the opportunity of asking the makers about it?

If I was trying to repair it then I would be roughening the spligot and adding a second jubilee clip.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back