New toilet - does the soil pipe need moving?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm replacing a toilet and having taken the old one out, the soil pipe looks to be horizontal. It's 110mm leading straight into the main downpipe.
The outlet from the new toilet is about 1 - 2cm lower than the previous one and I think the pipe would slope up a little to the soil pipe. Do I need to move the pipe down where it enters the downpipe? If so, what's the best (not too difficult!) way to do it.
I was wondering about using a strap boss to reconnect the pipe to the downpipe lower but how would I close up the exisiting entrypoint?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
is the stack internal or external?

what is the stack made from i.e. plastic, cast iron, pitchfibre?

unfortunately there is no easy way to do it :cry: it can be nigh-on impossible to pull apart soil pipe even with push fit rubber connections ....a wooden plinth under the pan to raise it :idea:

Sponsored Links
Actually it's very simple :rolleyes:

Buy an offset Multiwik pan connector.

Are you on a mission :rolleyes: it`d be going uphill then........obvious but good practice :?: :LOL:

Nige F said:
Are you on a mission :rolleyes: it`d be going uphill then........obvious but good practice :?: :LOL:

The pipe will still be the same, the only difference will be the pan will have an extra 1-2 cm of water in the bowl.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back