New toilet leaking from waste connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the toilet i fitted last week is leaking – from the waste pipe ….i tried to stop it but it it keeps dripping

I tried the following things:

I undone the screws and moved the toilet found the waste p trap pipe rubber seal was damaged ..went and bought another one and replaced it …tested – still the same…I removed it checked the one on the old toilet and found that it had been cut to size …I tried it the same – still same issue

I even got a flexible waste pipe – still the same

So I went b & q the guy goes to me that I should try denso tape…so I bought it and tried it …same thing ….

I have noticed the waste just slips on and off the waste outlet, whereas you usually "feel" it grip, this just slips on and off. Surely this cannot be the cause as i assume the round outlet on the back of the toilet is a standard size?

The drip is only minor, but it shouldnt be leaking at all!

any ideas?

thanks in advance

IN

Sponsored Links
It should be a standard sze, and round too - are you using Multiquik type connectors - try the Mac Alpine type with a black rubber seal within a hard plastic case :idea: B+Q = Yuk FU Chinese bog co ltd. ;)

Sponsored Links
B&Q ones are awful and leak. McAlpine with black seal are required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back