New toilet suitable for vertical outlet in floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace an old aubergine coloured toilet with a modern one.
The outlet is a vertical one in the wooden floor with its centre 12 inches from the back wall.
I'd appreciate advise on what toilets have a vertical outlet please.
Also I anticipate that the back of the cistern will be well away from the back wall if the current outlet is used.
Some possible solutions come to mind:
- Move the outlet so that the back of the cistern is flush to the wall
- Have a partition/storage cabinet fitted to fill the gap between the back wall and back of the cistern.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Sponsored Links
I expect it is still possible to get a plain white one but most installers would just use the appropriate plastic elbow to connect them.

Tony

Thanks for your replies.
It's not so much the connector being a problem.
My concern is that the toilet cistern back will be too far away from the back wall.
So perhaps moving the outlet in the floor closer to the back wall is the likely solution?

Mike

Sponsored Links
The last 'S' trap pans to be fitted went down with the Titanic. ;)

You could try:
Space-Saver-WC-Connector_large.jpg

Thanks everyone.

A local plumber called in this afternoon.
He said that he can move the floor outlet closer to the wall as I have tongue and groove floorboards.
He'd connect the outlet from the pan to the new floor outlet with a swan neck pan connector so that the cistern will be flush against the wall.
This is the toilet and basin I am thinking of buying http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/Melbourne-4-Piece-Ceramic-Bathroom-Suite-1TH.aspx

Mike

FOUR piece?!?
In the good old day a 4 piece suite meant bath, bog (pan, cistern and seat), basin (c/w pedestal) and bidet.
Why do all these Johnny-come-latelies have to piddle about with terminology?

Why 4 piece? there are 5 pieces including the seat. Six if you count seat and lid separately. :rolleyes:

S trap WCs are still made, but not often seen.

The fitting problem is much worse if the soil pipe comes through a concrete floor and the room depth is tight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back