Toilet installation - 2.5 inch outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there

I am in the process of installing a new close coupled toilet in the bathroom. The toilet is from B&Q (not sure of the exact model) and the water outlet between the cistern and the pan is 2.5 inches in diameter.

All of the toilet flush valves on the market state they are suitable for 1.5 - 2 inch outlets.

I am looking at getting this one from screwfix...

http://www.screwfix.com/p/fluidmaster-button-cable-dual-flush-bottom-inlet/58353

Will this fit my toilet? I would have thought a B&Q toilet would be pretty standard and that most flushes would fit??

Also, i am trying to find a rubber doughnut / washer / gasket when fitting the cistern to the pan. Will i need a larger gasket given it is a 2.5" outlet?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sponsored Links
if it's a new pan & cistern it will come with all the stuff why are you buying more ?

Sponsored Links
You see these toilets at the end of the check outs, being called a 'B & Q special'............................................... because all the bits are missing.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Andy

How did you get this sorted in the end?

I have exactly the same issue a toilet with 2.5 inch hole did the fluidmaster fit or did you get something else?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back