New TRVs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've just got my ancient boiler replaced with a combi-condensing boiler.
I have kept the existing Rads they're old but I have a limited budget.
TRVs have had to be fitted to meet current regs.

The plumbers/engineers worked pretty hard but I think they were rushing to get finished.

I've got a snag which I think they should address (no earth wire to the earth clamps :eek: )

I feel slightly disappointed that the TRVs are not installed vertical (they're angled about 10° - 15°) and also that they didn't fit new lockshields to match. Do you think I would be unreasonable to ask them to sort this too ??? thanks for reading :)

Sponsored Links
The TRvs not being straight,while being a pet hate of mine is not any thing wrong i prefer to put them in straight but see many dont kick the pipes to get them straight,

Not fitting new lockshields ,did you pay for new lockshields to be fitted ?
if not they were only doing what they were paid for.

By the sound of it earth clamps not being wired dont sound good ,unless they bonded else where and they were old clamps etc .

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replys

pampers : sound of it earth clamps not being wired dont sound good ,unless they bonded else where and they were old clamps etc

These were new clamps on new pipework to the boiler

Chrishutt : What do the installers say about those points?

Just got off the phone to the installers, they will be returning to sort out the earths and lockshields :)

I'll let the slanty TRVs issue pass this time, but if I have this type of work. done again I'll ask them to kick the pipework

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back