New TV and 3m antenna extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new Smart TV delivered on Monday, to replace the last (but one) of our old flat screens in the bedroom, a 14". It was becoming a bit sick anyway - it would run for 10 or 15 minutes, then suddenly the screen would go blank for a few seconds, when it came back on all of the screen setting would be back at the defaults - probably a failing electrolytic. I might get around to looking at it sometime.

The new one is 32" much bigger than the one it replaces, so I had to extend the antenna lead and for the time being, decided to botch it with a tape joint and a 6m length of CT100. All worked fine, 140+ channels, same as the rest of the TV's. A right angle coax plug would have been better, so I ordered a male to female 3m flexible patch lead, to replace my botched length of CT100.

Once fitted BBC1 was missing, a quick retune and it found only 97 channels in the line up. I checked the continuity, that was fine for both core and screen - so that means the patch lead is just incredibly lossy. Back with my CT100.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back