New Tv(s) installation - update

Sponsored Links
Update - All working perfectly now. I now have the following... Sky+ HD connected to PROLINK22 which is powered by a PROPSA125. The output from this then goes into a PROAMP104X from which both 'slave' TVs can be watched and controlled using magic eyes. I now also have the option of adding 2 further TVs in the future.

In the end, the problem wasn't with the PROAMP104X, it was the Sky IO Link. Replacing this with a powered modulator solved it.

Thanks again everyone for your advice, particularly sam and lucid.

Best Regards,

Anton

Further polite request for advice :)

Now that I have sky+ working, I'm tackling freeview. I've run shotgun cable to the kitchen tv, half of which is carrying the rf sky signal. I've hooked the other half to the roof aerial and I get an excellent freeview picture.

Trouble is, both cables have a male rf connector on the end and there is only 1 rf input on the tv. So both sky and freeview work great, just not at the same time. Do I just need a uhf combiner to allow both signals to feed into the tv? Or is there such a thing as an rf to hdmi converter?

I now realise that tv distribution could have been a lot simpler if I had thought about it more when I refurbished the room where the sky box is situated, but I've ended up with just one coax cable running from the sky box to the loft and no opportunity to add more.

Thanks again and best regards,

Anton

Sponsored Links
2-way-coax-switched-splitter.jpg

Thanks Sam. Went with one of these in the end. Works fine.

Attachments

• 2-way-coax-switched-splitter.jpg
    2-way-coax-switched-splitter.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 101
If you are switching it frequently, buy a spare because the switch will wear out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back