New uPVC door doesn't quite seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a new front door of the uPVC type.

Whilst it has been adjusted well with a good seal all round when closed and handle lifted there is a tiny Gap between the door and seal on the hinge side between the top and middle hinge.

The hinges are adjusted so that the seal near the hinges is good and tight. If I adjust these so it's even tighter then the door is a bit more difficul t to close.

It's as if the door or the frame is slightly warped alhough it doesn't seem to be.

The only possible solution I can think off is to add an extra hinge between the middle and top.

Any experienced people know of a better method?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Nobody got any ideas how I can remedy this?

The installation company seems clueless as they've never heard of this before!

It is admittedly only a fraction of a millimeter, but still in winter this will allow cold air in.

Can anybody suggest a method of adjusting the door to close this gap up?

I was wondering if I added an extra screw into the frame towards the interior side to pull it in a bit by kinda twisting the frame at this side whether that would work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back