New UPVC door hinge creaking.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The middle hinge of my UPVC door is creaking once i open it to 90 degrees and further, as you pull it back in it creaks.

The door has been installed about 2 months and has been okay til now.

My only concern is, the door guys were useless and i ended up adjusting the bottom hinge sideways so the door is now square to the frame (corner of door now in line with lines on the frame at all 4 corners), could adjusting this bottom hinge only have put undue stress on the center hinge?

Its still got further adjustment im not at the end of the range just didnt know if your supposed to adjust all 3 hinges rather than just one on its own? The door operated perfectly fine and has been fine for the past 2 months.

Does it possibly just need greasing? If so how best to do it? Ive attatched pic of hinge.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231221_103206_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231221_103206_Gallery.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20231221_103213_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231221_103213_Gallery.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 23
Sponsored Links
Yes adjusting just one hinge can cause a creak, generally the hinges need to run verically in one plane and only adjusting one puts stress on the hinge pin/bushes and can cause a creak, I suggest a squirt of some lube, get it right in where the pin is and see if the creak stops, it may be a short term fix though so you could try readjusting the hinge

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back