new valliant boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a microbore centre heating system. I am thinking of replacing the old boiler with a valliant 624 boiler with its own pump. My question is, would this new boiler work ok with the old microbore pipe system. I have heard that these pipes are very thin for a valliant 624 boiler. Is this true or will the new boiler work ok. Any advice welcome. :cry:

Sponsored Links
What boiler have you got now, open vented system? Are you converting to a system boiler/sealed system? Pipework should be ok if it is in reasonable condition now. Obviously you will clean the existing system before you install the new boiler, and I recommend a magnaclean or spirovent dirtbuster installed in the ch return pipe before the new boiler to help stop any dirt entering the new boiler. :)

"Microbore" is a non technical term!

Generally 10 mm is going to be OK if clean.

8 mm is quite likely to cause a problem.

A good installer will understand the problems and design the system to give the best possible results. Not all installers are good!

If problems are experienced dont expect a boiler manufacturer to help! Their products are designed to work on normally sized pipework! Thats 15/22/28 mm !

Tony

Sponsored Links
Can't see you will have any problems. However microbore does not flush out and cleanse as well as small bore pipe work.

Manufacturers don't give a t**s what size pipe work you have fitted as long as it is a clean and well balanced system achieving the Flow & Return differential they ask for in their installation instructions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back