New van

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Time for a new van so ive got a shortlist of three vans im looking at:-

1. Brand new pre registered 56 Toyota hiace swb 95 bhp.
2. Used Nissan Primastar swb 56 reg 2300 miles 100bhp.
3. Used V.W. Transporter T5 T30 swb 05 reg 14000 miles 104bhp.
All have similar load carrying capacities.
Each one is going to cost me around £12000 inc. vat.

Any comments or advice which might help or sway my decision most welcome. ;)

Sponsored Links
don't know about the others but i have a work supplied hiace (53plate) with 120k on it now and had no problems with it. it's a bit thirsty if you do a lot of motorway miles (which i do) and the seat is not the most comfy and there isnt much room if you are tall, i'm 5'6" tall and would still like the seat to go back a bit further. other than that it's a great little motor been fun in the snow with the ****e tyres and rear wheel drive!

Thanks for the reply derv1980. Had a test drive in the Toyota and found, as you said, that the seat didnt go back far enough (im 5'10") so ive bought a Nissan Primastar 115bhp 1300 miles 56 reg.
Thanks again for your input :D

no probs, the toyotas are a good van but the seat is shocking, one guy had one was 6'4" and had to take the bulkhead out behind the seat to give him more room, thats great intill you brake sharply and everything goes flying into the back of the seat lol.

Sponsored Links
ive got a primastar. very comfy to sit in and drive. good warranty too. Why are you buying it though, why not do contract rental. Much more tax efficent and you dont tie up your capital either.

Back