New Velux Electric Window - Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My builder installed two velux integra windows in my new loft, the problem i'm having or I think its a problem, is that when the windows open electrically one of the window is making like a banging noise and jolting to the left when it's opening, some days its really loud. My builder dosen't know what causing it, was hoping if anyone on here might know what the problem is and how i can fix it. I must say when it was first installed about 5 weeks ago it never made this noise.

I've made a video of it and uploaded it on youtube to show what i mean. if you skip the video to 40 seconds it gets louder and louder.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
**Update**

Finally got it sorted
icon_cheers.gif

If anyone experience the same problem as I did, go buy some grease from B&Q or Vaseline will do, and grease up the hinges and chain generously. Make sure to take the sash out first ( recommend two people to take the sash out as they are bloody heavy) before greasing up the hinges.

My windows are working as they should now
b020.gif

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back