New waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to install a new waste pipe in the kitchen. At the moment the sink and washing machine share the same one which is causing some problems. My question is what kind of holesaw should i use to make the hole for the new pipe. :oops: I have been to my local b&q but all they have is holesaws for metal, wood & pvc. Wuld one of these work.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Am I undercaffeinated.. or am I missing something ? What do you want to cut a hole in ? The kitchen units ? Or the existing pipe ? If its the existing plastic pipe, a metal saw will work. Cut it back, and fit whatever pushfit adapter you need to take the new waste.
If you're talking about the kitchen units, a woodsaw should do it.

If I am reading this correctly, gme106 is attempting to fit a "new" waste pipe. At a guess, the hole required is to take it through the external wall. The best tool for the job is a diamond tipped core drill. These can be a tad expensive, but are probably available for hire. An alternative method is to use a Club hammer and cold chissel. It's not so tidy, and would require a bit of sand/cement afterwards to make good.

Sponsored Links
Yes TexMex, i am looking to drill trough the external wall. Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back