New water cylinder, hot water travelling along HW pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We recently swapped out an Unvented HW cylinder, and due to the size of the new unit had to move it to another location. The unit has an external pressure reducing valve and this is feeding the tank and the cold water

The hot water output pipe, is getting warm. The heat is travelling about 10 feet along the pipe. We have a lever valve on this pipe, and if we turn it off the heat no longer travels past the valve. This is the case even if we have been out of the house for many hours (and therefore no one is using any hot or cold water)

Before we installed the new cylinder, I noticed the shower (thermostatic mixer tap) that is fed by this cylinder had it's COLD feed BEFORE the pressure reducer. We have rearranged the pipework so the shower is now fed after the pressure reducer

The shower now doesn't get that hot. I'd say hot enough, but missus says it could be hotter. I tried turning the shower tap right up to max, and the water didn't get any hotter

Does anyone have any ideas why these two things are occurring?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back