New Window Installed, No Insulation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just had new windows installed in my flat and one is causing me concern.

I have attached a picture of the window in question.

I think this used to be a door back in the 70s/80s,my issue is that there was lots of insulation in the bottom part before and now there is none. There is pvc cladding on the outside bottom part then plywood then nothing until the plasterboard. It’s cold to the touch and I am just not sure this has been done right? I have said to the company and someone’s coming out to have a look. Just looking for opinions?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3131.JPG
    IMG_3131.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3133.JPG
    IMG_3133.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 129
Sponsored Links
Crap job; the empty voide should have insulation in it, as the wall next to it will be providing more insulation on it's own, than an empty void.

Thanks for replying, how should this have been done? Type of insulation etc? Should there not be some type of membrane fabric stuff??

Sponsored Links
Its PVC cladding going horizontally, this has been secured to plywood.

This is what was in before the new window went in. All of this was removed.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 109
Tricky; PIR board to the outside, and bricks to the inside, then dot and dab the plasterboard on to the bricks, or bond and then skim. It's only a small section so shouldn't be too much of an issue, but the current construction will be colder than the walls either side. Let us know what the company says when they come.

I dont think they will offer to brick up the lower part. I should have just put a door in there haha.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back