New Window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to fit a regs compliant window in an extension I'm having built. I've been looking at the Part L regs and scratching my head so I thought I'd ask.

Window will be hardwood (Meranti) to match an existing window size is 910 x 1050 (cill is 900 mm off the floor so non toughened is okay?). I'm assuming this will be okay as long as I fit the right glazing.

Can someone advise what glazing needs to be fitted?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
No, I don't think so. There is already a window in the room with two side opening lights - each >450mm wide. The new window will also have a side opening light.

I think it's just ventilation & energy efficiency that I need to worry about.

Wondering how thick & what U values for the DG units (ones in the other window in the room are 20mm DG but aren't particularly energy efficient). Being timber windows it's useful to keep them reasonably slim but suspect I'll need better units than I have in the current windows.

If the window section takes a 24 or 28mm unit, put one of those in. If it only takes 16mm, then the unit will need to be filled with an inert gas

Low-E should come as standard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back