New wood floor removing bitumen from the past

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok what is the best was to remove the old stuff? has anyone done this...I dont want a floating floor....as the manufac has stated it should be fixed..

so please can someone advise how to get the old stuff up.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
yes I had a look, and most have bits to chistle off, mine is a really thin layer..... when you scrape the floor you can see it...very very thin...

Think I need to scrub it with something..... I know a floor sander would just clog up ........... it is a lot thinner than the amount most of the other are taking about... so I just neet the best way to remove the residue?

If it's only residue, go over it with a steel brush to make sure any loose bits are removed.
Then use normal parquet adhesive and allow a bit longer bonding time.

Sponsored Links
Well it is not loose bits..... but it is still there, paint and things I splill stick to it ok..... I am just worried as the wood flooring I have is a fairly pale colour, and that it will slowly stain through.

Is there a decent sealer I could throw down first?

Try this (wholesaler) company for information, sure they will now what's the best product to use and where to get it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back