New workshop roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm adding an wooden frame extension of 4m by 2.5m onto the back of my wooden garage for a workshop - height nominally 2.5m.

What would my best options be for roofing material - the slope is in the order of 15 deg. On one hand I want to be warm when in there so that requires an insulated ceiling, but on the other I quite fancy having light coming in from above. Yes, the two are incompatible ! Is there a solution ?

Rob

Sponsored Links
i would put a box profile metal built up roof on it insulate it with 120mm fibre glass, with 2 light sheets in there :)

I made some rooflights out of the glass from old dg units. Not perfect but a good compromise. The roof is boarded and felted with rigid insulation between the rafters.
The glass is flush with the felt + some token flashband at the edges, but then I overlaid the whole lot with corrugated sheets. You could do the same with metal profile sheets and a few clear ones, like drew suggested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back