New World GFR 10001/10002/10003/10004/10005

Why does not somebody post a picture from the manual of how to place the coals?

For those who doubt, placement of coals is highly critical!

Tony

If the positioning of the coals are so safety critical, then why are they in a position that allows any one to disturb them??
I have known customers who openly admit to removing them for dusting and "Not liking how they sit".
How can you prove that you left them correctly placed ??

Sponsored Links
Take a photo, print it then sign and date it?!

The round coals in my parents fire are a right pain to balance in their correct positions, the other shapes are easier. My mother has taken them out for dusting every now and again for the past 20 years, but knows to put them back in the correct order. The gas bloke who services it every year also follows the instruction manual when placing them back in. There is still half a bag of spare vermiculite for the fire in the cupboard too.

hey there - I was directed to this post. I know its pretty old (12 years old) but if you still have the email version of the installation manual, I would very much appreciate a copy. I need the coal layout for my fire and getting a manual seems a near impossibility.

thanks
Andrew

Hello, I know this is a long shot but is there any chance someone could email me a copy of the manual for gas fire model GFR10001? The previous owners of our house didn't leave it and I need to know the coal positions. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Re surface this thread - was there ever a picture of the coal pattern anywhere or PDF copy of the manual anywhere ? Same reason need CP12 cert and require coal pattern to make it safe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back