New Zone Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having some house works done and have decided to add another zone for the downstairs radiators so they can be controlled separately.

Currently the boiler in on the ground floor and the rest of the plumbing is in the loft, the plumber has converted the 3 port valve into 2 sets of 2 ports valves. On the ground floor near the boiler he has added another motorised valve for the downstairs radiators.

I was under the impression the motorised valves should have been placed in the loft after the pump the water gets pushed as it opens... Can someone advise me who is right here?

I've done a small messy drawing of how he has planned it.

Attachments

• 20181226_211207.jpg
    20181226_211207.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 85
Sponsored Links
You are correct.
Also be aware that the boiler may require a bypass valve if it incorporates a pump overrun facility.
Be careful of multiple returns...you will get odd radiators heating up despite not calling for heat.

Sounded in-corrected to me too...

If he was to place the pump downstairs near the boiler would that be sufficient? probs mean doing some wiring change...

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Then yes moving the pump before the zone valve will work but as said the return from the cylinder has to be moved to last connection before boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back