Newbee help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
Was hoping someone in the forum could write me a list of tools i would need to start of my plumbing tool collection. i have a few tool but used the colleges tools, so now im trying to build up my own tools.
Many thanks
Darren

Sponsored Links
get a small pad and pencil to write down your leeds, then when you get a job go to it and see what you need to do it, go and get that do the job and build on that.

Sponsored Links
i get the idea. Seco.

Many thanks everyone for quick response i will just add on to what i have already then, but i thought just the basics for most everday tasks.

Cheers

Just to start you off:

Pipe benders
Pipe slice 22mm & 15mm
Soldering gun, solder, flux
Rubber bungs for bunging cistern
hacksaw
Jnr hacksaw
basin wrench
monobloc backnut spanners
adjustible spanners
mole grips
stanley knife
floorboard saw
jigsaw
hammers
screwdrivers
electric drill

30 years plumbing footprints no good not needed old hat waste of money
work with 4 other plumbers with over 130 years in trade and nobody has a pair
get a small and large set of multigrips

After my Apprenticeship & my footies, these water pump pliers are the best tool;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320034369179

Funny how you get used to a tools like these, I must of spent a fortune on water pump pliers before I got these above, good wide jaw, adjust just right & feel just right.

Oh it's a funny auld life you know, I'm even getting quite attached to the wife.

DON'T BE A CC/CCC GET AN APPRENTICESHIP!!!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back