getting experience in the field?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
apart from contacting companies directly and asking at every given chance how do i get experience in the plumbing field i am studying city and guilds technical certificate and im desperate to get on the tools but it seems as there is no insentive for anyone to take me on i have asked at my college for help along with 40 others but no help there im in the birmingham area, if anyone has ant advice vacancies please reply thank you

Sponsored Links
I think the usual response from the clever people on here is if you wanna do plumbing then just start doing it.

Assuming your college has taught you the very basics this is enough to do small jobs for friends and family and build confidence to do a slightyl bigger job etc.

Take photos and build a bit of a portfolio. Then if you still wanna be taken on your chances will be alot better.

Obviously stay away from anything to do with GAS!

cheers rob sounds good and i shall do so with immediate effect if ever you got any knowledge to pass on do not hesitate to contact

so what do you think about doing an nvq its hands on expensive but experience nevertheless but then there finding someone who is up for having mine and their work checked by an assessor i currently have no plumber mates associates

Sponsored Links
I think the usual response from the clever people on here is if you wanna do plumbing then just start doing it.

Obviously stay away from anything to do with GAS!

Thats not my usual response! But then I may not be one of the "clever" people.

My advice is NEVER do anything for anyone if you are not totally competent to do it but when you do, then charge the full commercial price!

I would be advising you to offer to go out free with local experienced people working in your area to gain experience.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back