Plumber training courses

Sponsored Links
You have not told us anything about your employment or lifestyle or why you want to do a course. Or what you have done before.

Plumbing is a totally practically based activity. You cannot go on a course and become an instant plumber!

Having been on a plumbing course does not get you a job! Nor is plumbing very well paid! Typically £14k-£24k as employed.

Without that info I cannot really give you any useful advice except that getting practical experience on an unpaid basis might be a far better alternative to an overpriced course which will give you little benefit.

Tony

Pretty rich coming from somebody who has not taken ANY such courses be it plumbing or heating let alone city and guilds :rolleyes:

You do talk a good story down in the general plumbing forum Tony whereby most will hang on to your every word , tis a sad state of affairs having to read some of this drivel.

I was privileged to have been taught by one of the best guys in the industry , had you of been trained through the proper channels then I would have every respect for you , but you have not been trained and you are neither a plumber nor a heating engineer.

I cannot and will not tolerate a fool and a bull ****er. :evil:

You have not told us anything about your employment or lifestyle or why you want to do a course. Or what you have done before.

Plumbing is a totally practically based activity. You cannot go on a course and become an instant plumber!

Having been on a plumbing course does not get you a job! Nor is plumbing very well paid! Typically £14k-£24k as employed.

Without that info I cannot really give you any useful advice except that getting practical experience on an unpaid basis might be a far better alternative to an overpriced course which will give you little benefit.

Tony

Pretty rich coming from somebody who has not taken ANY such courses be it plumbing or heating let alone city and guilds :rolleyes:

You do talk a good story down in the general plumbing forum Tony whereby most will hang on to your every word , tis a sad state of affairs having to read some of this drivel.

I was privileged to have been taught by one of the best guys in the industry , had you of been trained through the proper channels then I would have every respect for you , but you have not been trained and you are neither a plumber nor a heating engineer.

I cannot and will not tolerate a fool and a bull ****er. :evil:

When you say 'taught by' does that mean indentured apprenticeship?? Or are you also a course cowboy?

I'm not sure why you have such a downer on Tony SM, I've always found him helpful & he's never hidden his background or the fact he worked with the BBC.

Don't know about anyone else, but electronics was not included in my apprenticeship or college course work in the 70s, but now along with electrics, it's such an integral part of central heating - installation & repairs!!

Sponsored Links
apprenticeship

The only real way to be a plumber

Course = handyman
Expensive course = Gas engineer!!!!
Actuall hard work, time and experience = Plumber
Plumber plus hard work = contradiction :mrgreen: ;)

Well matey you come out on my kru, starting at 6.30am on a job'n'finish & we'll see if you know hard work or not!!.......... ;)

Plumber plus hard work = contradiction :mrgreen: ;)[/quote] Never :evil: Gas fitter/engineer/safe/ whatever - they didn`t know graft in the 70`s and they certainly don`t now ;) But - respect to Tony and anyone who understands electronics and applies it in their job .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back