newbie help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys 1st post.

this summer i am building a summer house and i feel that the doors and windows may be beyond me. i am looking at a pair of wooden double doors french style and windows anyone knw where i can get thes items reasonably.
these are similar to the doors on the expensive cabin / summerhouses
thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I find that the larger Wickes branches hold a reasonable range of both of these.....and the stocks are constantly improving! Howdens are ok too, but supposed to be strictly trade.

Where about in Essex are you from? If you look at the In The Garden Sticky forum, you 'll see the type of windows and doors of my summerhouse if that the type you want

hi there masona

i live in westcliff on sea and in the procerss of getting together the ideas,if you could send me the link to your summerhouse that would be great.

Sponsored Links
You're next door to me ;) If you want these type of doors & windows, pop in and see them, go up to A127 to A132 roundabout then back down to the A127 and before the A130 turn left, not easy to find, if you blink you've missed it, there is a very small sign called "Morbec". I don't know if there're the same people now but I did twist their arms to let them sell me the doors and windows, the glass panels, best to get it yourself from a glass merchants and I use glazing tapes to fit them, they may help you during this reccession

http://www.wrightssheds.co.uk/

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

masona6.jpg

Hi i popped in there the otherday £2600 for a summer house 20 ft x 10 ft . Howdens doors were a good price i do like your summer houses they look really great how hard were they to build and how much did they cost? Do you have more photos?

how hard were they to build and how much did they cost?
Wasn't for me but I don't know what you're capable of, I've used a second concrete pre-cast slabs or damaged slabs at 1/2 price which didn't bother me as I have covered it with timber log cladding. Done it about 6 yrs ago and cost me under £2500 I think. You could buy a second, 2nd hand or new concrete sectional shed or garage then timber cladding round it which is a lot easier to do, plenty on ebay
Do you have more photos?
I have somewhere, what part do you want to see?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back