Newbie Needs Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Firstly let me say how nice it is be be able to join a group such as this, hopefully I will be able to be informed and maybe even inform a few of you regarding my DIY exploits!

Ok, so here is my first question....I have very recently painted my master bedroom with a grey with a hint of mauve emulsion (I made the wall behind the bed a feature wall and wall papered that), after taking great care to line the walls and yes, it looked good if I may say so myself!

Unfortunately the wall marks VERY easily and after the carpet fitters had done their business I have realised that emulsioning the main wall was a bad idea and I should have papered that wall too!

Can I paper directly onto emulsioned lining paper or will I need to strip the wall, bearing in mind that the Mrs thinks that its finished & there will be no more upheaval in that room especially the carpet is down etc.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
You can paint directly onto the paper in theory, but it all depends on how well the paint applies to it. You may want to test a small area of the paper with the paint first to test, then go ahead and cover the rest of the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back