Newby needs advice for Central Heating that doesn't stay on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have just bought a house and when we wake up in the morning, the house is freezing cold. I have tried the 'on all day' setting, and the timer settings but this doesn't seem to have an effect.

The thermostat is set to around 22 to 25-ish.

Now, we have a back boiler and at the front is the gas fire, the gas fire has a slider switch, two LEDS (red and green) and a reset type of switch to manually switch the central heating on/off, and the general controls for the actual fire.

when the old occupants of the house left they told us that if the LED lights red, then you need to press the reset in and the heating comes back on (LED goes Green) however, does this mean I have to wake up at 6 in the morning to MANUALLY switch my heating on?

They said that the red led would come on whilst we were moving stuff in and out for a couple of days and need a chance to settle. Were they lying....is the heating packed up? The back boiler (well, the gas fire is a - Poetterton House Warmer mainflame if that any help to anyone.

Please help me.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
They said that the red led would come on whilst we were moving stuff in and out for a couple of days and need a chance to settle.

I cant answer ur question....but it sounds like a load of coblers to me

It sound like an overheating problem with boiler or faulty stat.

David

Sponsored Links
Have a service carried out by an engineer who is familiar with this type of boiler ,obviously corgi registered . The fault could be a few things , always difficult to determine from a keyboard . The red light cause may be cured by a service without any need for parts .It would be of interest to all who use this forum , that you let us know the outcome .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back