Newel Post Cladding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Currently in the middle of renovating our hall, stairs and landing. At the minute we have an old looking staircase and I want to change this to have an oak look (possibly with a carpet runner but will see how it looks first).

I can find overlay treads and risers on the internet, together with handrails, skirts etc from the same company (so hopefully will colour match as close as possible).

My big problem is the newel post. It's just a square white post and is quite small in terms of width. I don't really want to cut the post and my searches of the internet show a number of people who have cladded over this in the past, and it looks great.

The trouble is, I am struggling to find anywhere who supplies the cladding. I know Stairbox do but they're currently going through a factory move.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to where I could get the cladding from. There is just the one newel post at the bottom. Ideally, I would want it to colour match with the handrails, treads etc and so would want one supplier if possible.

Thanks,

Dave

Sponsored Links
find a decent carpenter and he should be able to clad it for you. He should also be able to add some trimming details to make it look even better. I have just completed something similar myself, I copied a picture I found on google images under 'box newels.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back