newel post replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi . i,m doing a job involving a dog leg stair case . all the newels need replacing .. and not just the top but the whole length of post . is this practical to do or should i consider a new staircase.. also the new newels and handrails etc are solid oak

Sponsored Links
how many newels and are there winders etc involved
replacing a full newel is rarely an easy job and wonce tread heights and routing are involved it becomes harder still .
Refitting treads may mean ripping out all the underlining of the stair including some ceilings .
Personally speaking i would be thinking of getting a new flight made.
Try stairplan www.stairplan.co.uk easily the cheapest i have come across

how many newels and are there winders etc involved
replacing a full newel is rarely an easy job and wonce tread heights and routing are involved it becomes harder still .
Refitting treads may mean ripping out all the underlining of the stair including some ceilings .
Personally speaking i would be thinking of getting a new flight made.
Try stairplan www.stairplan.co.uk easily the cheapest i have come across
hi chappers, i have spoken to the client and explained to him it might not be practical to attempt. he said give it a go anyway, if it fails new stair case on its way.. thanks for your advice john...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back