Newer Amana Fridge Compressor stuck on LRC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Amana ab2026leks that has begun to have problems. The compressor is a TP144-JR-229-B8. I have had the fridge for about 1 year and for the last 6 months it has been intermitently having issues starting. The compressor will try to start and will sit there and hum. It is pulling around 12-15 amps while doing this--LRC. I have watched the voltage and it goes from a solid 240-241 to usually around 236. Have also replaced the PTC overload relay with capacitor thinking that this was initially causing it. I have come to the realization that it is actually the compressor thermal overload that is opening the circuit as it never does lose voltage. Heres the kicker, European fridge that is sitting in iowa running on 240V 60Hz. I know, problems, but I came across 5 more of these fridges that now are in the possesion of friends, and currently running like champs.

Does this sound like a compressor failing or another device? Also if it is compressor what is a good cross reference for a 60Hz unit

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back