Newly fitted Accent G4 will only alarm from one zone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted a new Accenta G4 Alarm panel and remote LCD keypad.

The problem is that, though I can set the system into alarm mode, only one of the five sensors will trigger an actual alarm. The other 4 sensors don't, even though the system recognises that there has been activity in those areas.

1,) If I set the system to 'Walk-Thru' it recognises each of sensors as I trip them. So they are all connected and operating correctly.

2,) The three unused inputs of the eight available have shorting links fitted

3.) Using Program 1.
- None of the eight zones are set to 'Omit Allow' or 'Double knock'
- All five of the zones I'm using are set to 'Used'
- Only Zone 1 is set as a 'Timed Zone'
- Only Zone 2, the Hall PIR (where the keypad is) is set as an inhibit Zone

This is driving me nuts. Can anyone offer any advice on what I've done wrong?
I've uploaded an image of the Zone settings if it helps

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi have fitted loads of accenta g4 have a look at bell delay to see if you have put time in there should be set to 00 only thing I can think of so far.

Is there a covert zone setting in those panels, which allows you to monitor the room as far as the event log goes, but not actually activate the alarm?

Hi 1974stephen & cpralarms, thanks for your replies.

I'm beginning to think that the software in either the keypad or the control panel is defective.

cpralarms - No, there's no delay. Only input 1 on the main panel will work, whichever sensor I wire to it will trigger the alarm, but none of the other seven inputs will. Really puzzling.
I've tried using program 1 and 2 but no change.
Any other ideas you have would be appreciated.

1974stephen - There's no 'Covert' setting as such, I can set each input On or Off, but I have them all selected to On.

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
On G3 panels, unused zones must be programmed out, not fitted with links.
Don't know if G4 is same.

Hi tonyw2. Thanks for your response. I have done both (set the unused inputs to 'Used=No' ) but hasn't helped.

Had another idea might be silly question but are you getting wiring connectios right in pir's and panel. what pir' are you using as some have extra terminals ?

Cpralarms - I think the PIRs are Ok. If I connect any of them to input 1 on the panel they trigger the alarm correctly. And I can set them all to 'chime' , to make sounds as I wander round the house activating them.

I've come to the conclusion that the key pad or main panel has defective software so I'm going to return them. Thanks again.

Secure spark - no I haven't called honeywellsecurity. I looked at their website which seemed to imply that they only give Support to professionals. Have you called them?

This topic is closed. I sent the panel back. Bought a new very similar one from elsewhere and the system works fine.
Thanks for all replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back