Newly laid patio looks messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All
I've recently re-landscaped my garden. Did much of it myself but paid for someone to lay a patio.

It's all done now, but the mortar either side of each patio stone is very messy and slap-dash and I've had enough of ringing the landscaper to come and fix it.

Basically, its spillage caused by the mortar (at least I assume it's mortar) when the stones were pointed-in.

Does anyone know of a way in which I can get this stuff off? Tried using a domestic compressor and water but that didnt do anything.

Maybe a special potion to get it off? Or a special type of brush?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers.

Moderator: I've posted this here too as I couldnt for the life of me split the question between the 2 topics. Sorry!

Sponsored Links
If its just a film of cement stains on the slabs then use brick cleaner (an acid, available from a builders' merchant). If its a thick spodge of mortar then it'll need to be chipped off first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back