Next crisis coming: container ports blocked

If UK government (Priti Patel) are threatening to withhold agreed additional payments for increased French patrols (which I understand haven't been paid yet), and in that scenario, France are then threatening to withdraw those additional patrols, who will suffer the greater political damage, with potentially even more migrants crossing the channel?

Sponsored Links
If they're telling you that shipping costs have risen ten fold and container ships have run aground in the Suez Canal because of brexit, they're wrong.

Stop bloody vaping man and get your HGV licence, Britain needs you. Boris needs you. :mrgreen:

If UK government (Priti Patel) are threatening to withhold agreed additional payments for increased French patrols (which I understand haven't been paid yet), and in that scenario, France are then threatening to withdraw those additional patrols, who will suffer the greater political damage, with potentially even more migrants crossing the channel?

UK govt will suffer more political damage.

I think it depends on what the actual facts are,

Obviously the only people who have all of the facts are the home office and the French authority they are dealing with.

If people were to believe the newspapers (I don't) then it would seem the French are using is as a cash cow and they are doing very little if anything of what they promised.

Sponsored Links
I think it depends on what the actual facts are,

Obviously the only people who have all of the facts are the home office and the French authority they are dealing with.

If people were to believe the newspapers (I don't) then it would seem the French are using is as a cash cow and they are doing very little if anything of what they promised.

Helping refugees is not popular in any country.

I can’t see France having much incentive to stop refugees leaving, why would they….they accept 3x more asylum seekers than the UK already.

I was just musing about Priti Patel's threat, and if she would dare to carry it out, bearing in mind the stated response of the French, and any political damage caused.
In other words, what were the chances of Priti carrying out her threat?
I think it was an empty and rather silly threat to make in the first place.

I was just musing about Priti Patel's threat, and if she would dare to carry it out, bearing in mind the stated response of the French, and any political damage caused.

I wish she'd do something about the incinerator in her constituency than do diddly squat in the home office.

She is full of air and lies, never does anything she promises

3 word slogans don't run the country.

Take Back control.
Brexit means Brexit
Build Back Better
Get Brexit Done
Oven Ready Deal

She was playing to the crowd, the Daily Mail readers. A Government shaped by and obsessed with opinions doesn't care about policy as much as shaping public opinion.

yeah it’s called French diplomacy

or to put it another way blackmail

as for threats ask that scoundrel macron

The french are up to there eye balls in this migration caper

typical french scoundrels they are politicising the caper

Sponsored Links
Back