Next crisis coming: container ports blocked

I have, Loadstar is the major online journal for global supply chains.

If they're telling you that shipping costs have risen ten fold and container ships have run aground in the Suez Canal because of brexit, they're wrong.

Sponsored Links
If they're telling you that shipping costs have risen ten fold and container ships have run aground in the Suez Canal because of brexit, they're wrong.

Strawman argument….I never mentioned that Suex canal

and it’s not the reason for the current crisis.

Please explain to me why:

Felixstowe is clogged up with full containers that are waiting to go to their onward UK destination

Strawman argument….I never mentioned that Suex canal

and it’s not the reason for the current crisis.

Please explain to me why:

Felixstowe is clogged up with full containers that are waiting to go to their onward UK destination
To be fair, it's been clogged up since November 2020, by Covid (PPE imports), and Brexit stockpiling.

I wouldn't fancy cleaning out the containers, from the Ever Given, containing out of date food items. Yuk!

To be fair, it's been clogged up since November 2020, by Covid (PPE imports), and Brexit stockpiling.

I wouldn't fancy cleaning out the containers, from the Ever Given, containing out of date food items. Yuk!

that’s true, however the final piece of the perfect storm jigsaw is…………

Sponsored Links
that’s true, however the final piece of the perfect storm jigsaw is…………
Oh I fully agree with you. And as the stockpiling is used up, the requirement for a free flowing import facilities loom large.

I sometimes wonder if we were back in 1944, whether ellal, JohnD, Notch7, noseall and a few others would all have the 'ump with William Joyce because he beat them to the job they would all be applying for. :rolleyes:

tell me Fillyboy, how bad do things have to get before you stop making excuses

Brexers will never stop trying to make up excuses for the Brexit Omnishambles.

03cad6c9-ff3c-4177-867d-94d3f616994f.jpg

Well
Best the remoaners stop whinging
And actually come up with a solution :)

which will be what

have another referendum :?:

or ????????

none of you have a solution :LOL:

typical all ***s and wind :LOL:

Last edited:
Try googling "Blocked ports in China". Real mess. Containers piled higher than ever before.
Covid shut the ports - they couldn't load or unload.
Suez blocked, and tornadoes have added to it.

Can't blame Brexit for that.
Lack of drivers and port workers exacerbates the problem though and that IS much more serious than it would have been, due to Brexit.

-

Maybe Climate Change will come to our aid this winter/spring, and give us something mild, just one freeze so seeds germinate properly but no late ones killing new plants, and enough rain to fill the reservoirs but no floods.

Maybe it'll get a bit more blowy out, so those wind turbines can work better.

And maybe trends won't continue as they are so schools won't have to shut, and there won't be any really nasty flu.

And we maybe won't have inflation, bringing images of wailing single parents unable to feed their 7 kids. Oh, and maybe stock markets won't collapse due to dividends not looking so good any more.

Maybe we won't see large businesses going under, making masses of people unemployed who areonly suitable for employment in large businesses about to go under. Mrs Biddle. 40's, has to work but 2 kids as well. Can she go HGV driving, or picking winter veg? Mr Biddle - how's he on mobile phone app development, or pig butchering?

Maybe they'll fix the IFA1 interconnector and the electricity prices will fall back as predicted. Maybe our increasing reliance on electricity imports from France and Norway (currently (pre fire) at about 5%, predicted to rise to 20 - 25% so we can claim their Green credentials) won't result in those countries screwing us over a barrel on price because they need it too.

Maybe if we ask nicely Mr Putin will starve Gazprom a bit so we can have more, and he won't put the gas prices up again.

And why on earth should we expect anyone in China/Taiwan/Russia/Ukraine/Iran/Isreal to get tetchy and want to take advantage, or have it taken?

It'll be fine, all fine.

Last edited:
The pandemic has been jolly fortuitous for Brexit supporters.

I’d say it’s been fortuitous to remainers who can blame all problems caused by the pandemic on Brexit.

Well
Best the remoaners stop whinging
And actually come up with a solution

The solutions are easy:

1 shortage of workers……change the immigration rules and allow workers from EU, with decent rights.

2. Closer alignment to Single market to remove trade barriers

3 get 3rd country mutual recognition of food standards to remove 80% of checks at NI.

To do it, get the childish tw@ts in govt out and get some adults in.

it’s easy.

I’d say it’s been fortuitous to remainers who can blame all problems caused by the pandemic on Brexit.
Except they aren’t.

The pandemic didn’t create massive trade barriers with our biggest and nearest trade partner.

well you say that but

macron is intent on damaging the UK by what ever under handed means he can

and some thing like 1500 migrants have crossed the channel from France in the last 2 days ?

all assisted by the French

I said that would happen when Britain wanted to pull out of Common Market. Some posters replied Britain and France had an agreement in place to keep undocumented in France. Is happening now. I did say France will open the doors and let the hordes cross the channel by whatever means so they no longer will have migrants camp in France giving them a sore head

Sponsored Links
Back