Next door loft extention draining onto my roof

Hmm. that lead work that is over the wall should have been formed with a concave shape to it not just pitched so it flows down on to your roof.

Sponsored Links
I do get your point , but half the wall is theirs ,
They should have kept the flashing level or high in the middle by design. If there was a ridge tile bedded or copying stone originally you would still get some water your side as that half of the rain is yours....
Your mortar and tile slip weathering would no doubt have failed anyway.
There should be no water running from the dormer roof as it should have an upstand along the sides.
Your roof appears to have settled over time due to roof tile weight.
That's why the ridge has parted from the tiles.
Ask them to flash it in lead , it's not a major job

Ta there was a ridge tile before, they'ree still there on the other side, I get that some of the water is mine but only what ran off three rows of bricks, now I get it from ten odd feet of the side of their dormer.

Thanks for the full answer. I think I get it all kow.

Anyone have a ball park figure to do the side in lead, in that London, assuming no scaffolding, we have a one story extension at the back.

Sponsored Links
I've been a silly tart on this, a leak gets a man over excited, I got right out of a velux during very heavy rain and I can see that they have shaped the lead and the water was running down to their gutter. All I have is they might have damaged the fillet on my roof, that they have agreed to and are making good next week.

Thanks for all the advice, the pictures from my short wife were misleading in that you could not see the horizontal part of the lead.

At least I have learnt some roof theory.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back