Soakers and missing flashing (perhaps).......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondered whether you guys could please give me some advice. Have had terraced roof re-slated about four months ago. The area in question is between this house and next doors where the re-roofed house is lower than next doors by about a foot and so there is a step in the roof heights. Originally, there was lead flashing coming from under the next doors' roof vertically down the one foot and onto the slates such that the soakers were covered.

During the re-roofing exercise, the roofers removed the existing lead flashing so that the bottom half of the one foot vertical drop is not covered with lead, leaving the soakers exposed. Everything so far is fine (no noticeable leaks) but I have had pointed out to me by a local friendly (reliable) builder that the soakers should be covered with lead/zinc flashing. Should I question the roofer about this? The roofing guys were friendly so I don't want to upset them but also want to make sure that I am likely to get leaks in the future.

thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back