Next issue with my Worcester Bosch and Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok a few of you will know my last few posts of swapping out a 3 port valve for 2 X 2 ports, and wiring in hive for CH and stats for UFH.

All controls fine, valves open, boiler fires... and so becomes my next problem

The boiler, set at 5 on the HW dial, gets a call for heat. Heats up, gets to 75* and then stops heating (the active heating light) goes off on the boiler (hive is still feeding a switched live at this point - all good there). Boiler temp drops to 41* and then it fires back up, in the same cycle. Nothing shows up on the display, no fault, no overheat nothing.

most recently the gas valve and damaged board had been changed, so don't think they are the culprit...

Sponsored Links
Established it might be the pump sticking. Freed but it stuck back up again. Is it a simple job of changing pump head or does the whole assembly need to come out.

Question is really, does the pump head have the pump impeller on it or does that remain in the boiler and may still stick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back