Worcester 35cdi not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys
I wonder if anyone can advise, I have the above boiler connected to a hive system, when we switch the heat on via hive the controller says the boiler is heating but the boiler isn’t firing up, thinking it may be the hive system I disconnected the hive wires from the boiler but it still won’t fire up.
The only difference I can see is the built in programmer is still lit up on this boiler, on all my others there inactive, nothing visible on the displays.

So I disconnected the hive and put the heating to on and nothing thankfully the hot water is working, any ideas guys please
Al

Sponsored Links
Any built in time control on the boiler should be set to be permanently 'on' otherwise it can override the Hive.

When you disconnected the Hive, I assume that you didn't just disconnect the wires, otherwise the heating wiring would be 'open circuit' as if the heating was 'off' so the heating wouldn't operate.

If you have a single channel version of the Hive, put it back exactly as it was, but also add a wire link between Hive terminals 1, (Common) and 3, (Heating on) That will by-pass the Hive and should put the heating permanently 'on'. If the heating works now the problem is with the Hive.

Hi mate,
Done what you suggested and the boiler has fired up for heating fine.
I had my electrician install this, I have checked the wiring and it’s exactly the same as what British Gas has done on another exact same boiler,
At Least the boiler is fine, do you reckon the hive is knackered ?
Strange thing is the controller connected to the boiler is clicking when we set heating to a higher temp, but the boiler doesn’t fire up
Thanks
Al

Sponsored Links
If it used to work, nothing has been disturbed, and the hub is working OK, then it does look that the Hive may be faulty. Before you added the link, had you tried pressing the button on the Hive receiver to see if the boiler worked then?

Hi stem, I found another one of your posts on the same subject and rewired as per your diagram below, and it’s working great now mate, very strange, but thank you for your help today and in the past on this very subject
Al
upload_2018-10-12_15-56-35.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back