Nexus8 Alarm Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a problem with my alarm, it's a Nexus8 and the problem is that sometimes when I switch the lights (florescent tubes) on in my garage then the bell box goes off for around 3 seconds? There is nothing on the keypad to say there is a problem?

I don't have any suppressor on the power supply, would this fix the problem?

Any ideas please.

Sponsored Links
i would guess its a spike, a mains surpessor may work , but which one?

you could also move any alarm cables away from any mains cables, feed the alarm mains from a differnt ccct

Can I ask if you can find any identifying numbers & dates on labels etc on the boards? (how old is it all?)

Also exactly what you have?
I take it you have Nexus8 panel, external keypad.
What model is the alarm?

As Breezer says, can you move the cables so that they are not near the lighting cables & ensure the panel is on a different circuit but I'm asking t'other stuff so I can find out if this has been reported for the Nexus before.
There may be a known problem.

Lights come on, external sounder sounds for 3 seconds... OKk is it the normal tone etc as if the external sounder had gone off when the panel trips?

Thanks for your replies. I have been to see the people I bought the alarm from and they have said that there have been some issues with the bell box, describing some of them as I have had. When the bell box was replaced the issues have been resolved, so I have bought a new box to fit today. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Hello again, thank you for coming back & letting us know.

Glad you got it sorted, next time we are on talking terms I'll discuss this with the guy who designed it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back