Alarm cable next to power cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My property has had alarm cable fitted at some time but all the alarm cables are run with the power cables though the joists (there is about a 3m run with all the power cables)

If I install an alarm will this cause problems, I would fitting a suppressor help?

Is it dangerous, or just problematic to the alarm system?

Sponsored Links
Not best practice ….but I’ve seen loads on takeovers either re route if your not happy or test with multimeter set on AC One probe on earth the other on 0v on the alarm panel if over 5v AC fit ACT 1313 filter ….

Not best practice ….but I’ve seen loads on takeovers either re route if your not happy or test with multimeter set on AC One probe on earth the other on 0v on the alarm panel if over 5v AC fit ACT 1313 filter ….
re route would be a total nightmare, as we have only just had the house decorated!

What would be the worst outcome, false trips or a scrapped alarm system?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back