NHS problems solved, hurrah!

Sponsored Links
Really....?
misery-kathy-bates-james-caan-today-151009-tease_992c4eff75389cf0dbb824fd8d63c119.today-inline-large.jpg

Vs superbugs, and having to drink water from the flower vase because no-one will bring you a drink......

Stupidity. This does not create any excess capacity. It shifts capacity from existing homes available for rental to those who will make them available for Healthcare. This will cause landlords to let to the NHS rather than tenants. Just like how AirBnB has skewed the rental market in cities like Amsterdam.

Thats before anyone considers the healthcare support.

Its not existing homes available for rental. An empty home wouldnt be much good. It is for spare rooms, maybe for homeowners that dont want a permanent lodger.

A crackpot idea whatever :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
I have a room for you, if you need to get over some latent psychological issues. It's in the loft, but south facing towards Europe with some cheery views. Secure, sound proof, safe and no radio waves, and a treadmill for exercise.

Let me know, and I'll get the forms filled. (y)

I might be interested, but only if your mate Michel and Claude wont be coming round, I cant stand all those hours spent drinking free Cognac 'on the firm'

"The idea of NHS hospital patients recuperating in Airbnb-style accommodation has not been ruled out, health minister Philip Dunne has said."

"Southend Hospital had been linked to a trial where hospital patients could be discharged to people's spare rooms.

The hospital distanced itself from the idea following criticism by politicians and health groups.

But Mr Dunne told BBC Radio 5 live he "wouldn't immediately reject it" as "one's got to trial different things"."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41795579
29 October

"The idea of NHS hospital patients recuperating in Airbnb-style accommodation has not been ruled out, health minister Philip Dunne has said."

"Southend Hospital had been linked to a trial where hospital patients could be discharged to people's spare rooms.

The hospital distanced itself from the idea following criticism by politicians and health groups.

But Mr Dunne told BBC Radio 5 live he "wouldn't immediately reject it" as "one's got to trial different things"."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41795579
29 October

So he's confirmed its a trial.

Nothing new then.....

"Southend Hospital had been linked to a trial where hospital patients could be discharged to people's spare rooms."

Am I missing something? How is discharging someone who's had minimally invasive surgery to an airBnB-style room any different from discharging them home to their own room?

"Southend Hospital had been linked to a trial where hospital patients could be discharged to people's spare rooms."

Am I missing something? How is discharging someone who's had minimally invasive surgery to an airBnB-style room any different from discharging them home to their own room?

If a patient feels they can't cope post surgery then they will remain in hospital, in this way they can possibly get the person out of the hospital bed and into some halfway house near the hospital to convalesce.

The issue with bed blocking is that there are too many vulnerable single people who need some form of care and support. This care and support should not be the role of the hospital. We need a more integrated approach.

Sponsored Links
Back