NI Protocol - Windsor Framework

What would be your attitude be to an elderly Brexit voter wishing death on those younger than them solely because they voted remain?
Them elderly brexiteer voters chose to limit the life choices of younger generations simply because they yearned for a non existent 'glorious past' and couldn't give a toss about even their own family members!

What are you going to say to your grand children when they ask you about why you decided to restrict their freedom of movement?

Sponsored Links
Them elderly brexiteer voters chose to limit the life choices of younger generations simply because they yearned for a non existent 'glorious past' and couldn't give a toss about even their own family members!

What are you going to say to your grand children when they ask you about why you decided to restrict their freedom of movement?
And that’s your answer? Should have know you'd swerve that one, ghoul!

I've only read a page or so - what powers will the EU have n the running of NI?

Coincidentally I flicked to one of the odd TV channels, which had a prog documenting the Irish problem from about 1900 on. Some paralells, big differences. DeValera, Collins, Cosgrave....

Sponsored Links
And that’s your answer?
Indeed it is...

But what is your answer to your grand children as to why you chose to vote against their best life options?

I'm not the 'ghoul', but you sure are a fan of the grim reaper in whatever 'hell' you believe in...

And you belong there!

I've only read a page or so - what powers will the EU have n the running of NI?

Northern Ireland has to follow some of the EU regulations around the single market for goods, and around the customs union. So food, manufactured goods and medicines have to comply with EU standards and licensing rules. Also NI has to follow some EU rules on state aid and VAT. I think that's it. None of the stuff on the environment, workers rights, discrimination, consumer protection etc. applies after Brexit and also NI is out of the Common Agricultural Policy and the Common Fisheries Policy.

Last edited:
A hard border already exists.
The debate is, where should this border be placed.
Logic dictates that it should be between N. Ireland and the Irish Republic.
The reason this hard border isn't where it should be is because the Irish Republic and the EU have said that any such border would be attacked.
The existing hard border in the Irish sea is there at the request of the EU.
The existing hard border is there because of brexit, and Boris

Stop blaming others

It's coming to light there were two versions of the text drawn up, the British version (all singing and dancing) and the EU version.
Which one do you think will be referred to if any disputes get referred to the European court.
the one that Boris signed. Or the sunak 1.

Both are our responsibility

The most sensible solution is to abolish all borders and to have free movement of goods and services between Britain and Ireland both North to South and East to West.
Didn't we have that before ?

But it was democratically voted that we didn't want that

If the British government and the Unionists don't want a hard border between North and South, who, in your opinion wil erect this hard border
The hard border between north and south was the only alternative to the one down the Irish Sea under EU rules, the Windsor framework will in practice allow widespread misuse of the green lane rules. What in your opinion is the problem with a UK wide trade agreement?

Blup

You seem a bit confused.
Neither the DUP or the British government is advocating a hard border.
It is the Irish Government and the EU and who want their slice of the UK cake.

He is always confused ( cam )

Him and the other die hard remoaners are Probably upset that the deal was re negotiated

Yestrday Sunack gave a speech to NI industry stating that what he had gained with the NI Protocol was that NI had the unique experience that they could trade with the UK and the EU without the Paperwork .
I thought that NI and the UK had that facility before Brexit happened .

the one that Boris signed. Or the sunak 1.

Both are our responsibility
Didn't you pick up on if you have the British version of the text and eu version then which do you think will carry the most weight?
No wonder von de Leyen was grinning from ear to ear and all the enemies within should be doing the same. This is laying the ground for what's to come for when Starmer gets in.
Which all goes to show democracy was and always will be a sham and yet people lose their lives in defending western democratic principles.

Sponsored Links
Back