Nige F For PM!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No, not our Nige: though he would undoubtably do a better job.

Mr Farage. A great orator, and talks some sense - for a politician. Trouble is, he's still a politician and they often sound good in opposition.

Maybe people are getting fed up with the three main parties, as a recent poll shows that UKIP has knocked the Limp Dems into fourth place. Is UKIP the party to watch, or just a bunch of no-hopers and rejects from the main parties?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, You don't see much of Nige on TV but have spent the evening watching his speeches and thoroughly enjoyed them. One of the few politicos that I'd have a pint with

The more I learn about Europe, the scarier it is...

UKIP are a one trick pony. They should become a genuine national party to get wide appeal. They'll never get elected though because you need big business support for that to happen and big business wants to be part of Europe to get cheap labour.

They should become a genuine national party to get wide appeal.

http://www.ukip.org/media/pdf/UKIPlocalManifesto2012.pdf

Plenty of non EU policies.

Problem is, the vast majority vote Blue/Yellow/Red because it's their "team", regardless of what they actually stand for.

That's why smaller parties never get any traction.

And why the leaders of Blue/Yellow/Red couldn't give a **** what the voters actually want.

Sponsored Links
UKIP are a one trick pony. They should become a genuine national party to get wide appeal. They'll never get elected though because you need big business support for that to happen and big business wants to be part of Europe to get cheap labour.

They'll never get elected?? joe, if you and a few million other voters put a "X" next to UKIP they will be elected, how often do you hear, "they are all the same" "they'll never get in" give them a chance joe, lets try something different to the LIB LAB CON.

I agree pred, I like him....thought he was impressive on question time last night.
I think he echoes the views of a lot of people...but it is true its very difficult for the smaller parties to get a foot in the door.

They'll never get elected?? joe, if you and a few million other voters put a "X" next to UKIP they will be elected, how often do you hear, "they are all the same" "they'll never get in" give them a chance joe, lets try something different to the LIB LAB CON.

We had the chance to change the voting system - and blew it.

I tried, i voted for Cleggy last time round for one thing and one thing only, to change the voting system and fair play to Cameron, he increased the fees for tuition and Clegg gets the blame, then he immediatly puts the voting system up for referendum and the electorate bite off their nose to spite their face,

WE, never had a chance to change the voting system Joe. The voting system can only be changed by those we elect to parliament. Until there's a change to the mentality of the electorate, the voting system will never change.
There's voters up and down the country, who vote Labour,,,,, because their parents voted Labour. There's voters who vote Conservative,,,,, because their parents voted Conservative. It has been like this for the last 60 yrs Joe. It's not government that needs to change,, It's the bloody people voting. (That's why it's called Democracy) And always keep in mind,, a vast majority of the electorate, have bloody short memories. ;) ;)

Local elections are coming up,, and people should be voting on local issues. However,, they won't. They'll see this as an opportunity to get back at the present government, thinking that their poxy local council can somehow change Central Government. (It won't)

The people that change government are the 'swinging voter' and they are the idiots that read the Sun and vote the way Murdoch tells them to vote.
Just a tiny proportion of voters elect our governments.

The people that change government are the 'swinging voter' and they are the idiots that read the Sun and vote the way Murdoch tells them to vote.
Just a tiny proportion of voters elect our governments.

And further to this, if i have understood what has been said at the Leveson enquirey, how many miners bought the sun? and all along the coniving little rat was doing his best to bring down the unions that were there to help the work force!

Google wrote

The total electorate in 2005 was 44,110,782. So can I give you the actual voting figures

The total number who voted in the 2005 General Election in the whole of the U.K. was 27,123,697 which is 61.3% of the total number of people on UK electoral registry.

Of these 8,772,599 voted for a Conservative,9,547,876 for a Labour candidate and 5,982,164 for a Lib-Dem Candidate in their constituency, (602,498 voted for a UKIP Candidate and 412,267 for a Scottish Nationalist Candidate in country as a whole although these parties only had a candidate standing in a small number of constituencies in the UK overall).

The number voting in 2005 was slightly up on previous election when 26,368,798 voted of whom 8,357,622 voted for a Conservative 10,724,895 for a Labour and 4,812,833 for a Lib-Dem candidate.

In the previous1997 general election 31,287,762 voted. Of these 9,600,940 voted for a Conservative, 10,724,895 for a Labour and 5,243,440 for a Lib-Dem candidate,

So the interesting fact from that is that despite the big increase in the UK population since the millenium - far more people turned out to vote Conservative in the 1997 General Election, when Tony Blair first came to power by defeating John Major, than have voted Conservative in the two subsequent General Elections. Yet it is generally accepted that John Major was among the most unpopular Conservative Prime Ministers when in office of all time.

You can draw your own conclusions from all the above I merely give the correct figures

Less than a quarter of the electorate put labour back into power in 2005.
About 10 million people holding sway over 30 million. What a shambles.

Edwina Curry may not share your views on John Major. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The shambles is the ones who do not vote.
The sooner it is made a legal item the better. Also take votes away from people who reside abroad as they have no idea about issues here anymore.
Why they are allowed is beyond me unless it is for work purposes.

The shambles is the ones who do not vote.
The sooner it is made a legal item the better. Also take votes away from people who reside abroad as they have no idea about issues here anymore.
Why they are allowed is beyond me unless it is for work purposes.

Also if you're long time unemployed you lose your right to vote!!!

Sponsored Links
Back