Nightingale Hospital has turned away more patients than it has treated

Sponsored Links
As it's over a year old, it would of been pooh-poohed if it didn't fit with the narrative ;):mrgreen:

And it's "have", ffs :mrgreen:
With that particular four letter word I think there are multiple interpretations and given how sloppy the English language is I'm sure one of them will be grammatically correct. :cool:

A fact, you say? That’s good. Where did you get that information from?

I see mottie has changed the question.

These foreigner-hating nutters do like to keep stoking the fire of hatred.

Did Andy every try to find a justification for his loathsome attack?

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Now if @Notch7 can just point out the relevant section that backs up his claim or can point me to the data he used to make his claim I’ll believe it. Until then, I’ll just have to take his statement with a pinch of salt and politely remind him of his non-reply in the future whenever he demands links, facts or proof to back up claims made by others.
this country is "overrun" by immigrants making a positive contribution :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

which of course I already knew having done previous research.....its better than relying on blind faith and prejudice

Fill yer boots old bean:
"Our findings show that immigrants to the UK who arrived since 2000, and for whom we observe their entire migration history, have made consistently positive fiscal contributions regardless of their area of origin."
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/economics/about-department/fiscal-effects-immigration-uk

"The positive net fiscal contribution of recent immigrant cohorts (those arriving since 2000) from the A10 countries amounted to almost £5bn, while the net fiscal contributions of recent European immigrants from the rest of the EU totalled £15bn. Recent non-European immigrants' net contribution was likewise positive, at about £5bn."
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/2014/nov...ct-uk-immigration-european-union-new-evidence

"From a dynamic perspective, our analysis suggests migrants will make a positive net contribution to the public finances over their lifetime. Even for non-EEA migrants, who presented a net fiscal deficit in our static analysis, their age dynamics work in the favour of the Exchequer. A large share of the migrant cohort spends the first stage of its “fiscal lifecycle” overseas––the costly period of education and childhood."
https://assets.publishing.service.g...he_Fiscal_Impact_of_Immigration_on_the_UK.pdf

Thanks. Now if @Notch7 can just point out the relevant section that backs up his claim or can point me to the data he used to make his claim I’ll believe it. Until then, I’ll just have to take his statement with a pinch of salt and politely remind him of his non-reply in the future whenever he demands links, facts or proof to back up claims made by others.

If refugees are included it's not an easy question to answer as they do cost the tax payer especially for a while but generally immigrants do contribute more than they take as do the British through and through fortunately. However I have met more of those that could make more effort to work but may be more selective about the jobs they are prepared to do. Brexit may sort that aspect out eventually.

Since you asked so nicely. Here's a source that seems to be reviewing the various studies on it.

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac....s/the-fiscal-impact-of-immigration-in-the-uk/

Of course since it's a detailed and scientific review of the data it's of **** all use on this board and will now be ignored.

Yes I read that a while back, the migration observatory is a good source.

beware of migration watch though -its one of those 'think tanks' (for think tank read misinformation and propaganda)

this country is "overrun" by immigrants making a positive contribution :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

which of course I already knew having done previous research.....its better than relying on blind faith and prejudice

Fill yer boots old bean:
"Our findings show that immigrants to the UK who arrived since 2000, and for whom we observe their entire migration history, have made consistently positive fiscal contributions regardless of their area of origin."
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/economics/about-department/fiscal-effects-immigration-uk

"The positive net fiscal contribution of recent immigrant cohorts (those arriving since 2000) from the A10 countries amounted to almost £5bn, while the net fiscal contributions of recent European immigrants from the rest of the EU totalled £15bn. Recent non-European immigrants' net contribution was likewise positive, at about £5bn."
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/2014/nov...ct-uk-immigration-european-union-new-evidence

"From a dynamic perspective, our analysis suggests migrants will make a positive net contribution to the public finances over their lifetime. Even for non-EEA migrants, who presented a net fiscal deficit in our static analysis, their age dynamics work in the favour of the Exchequer. A large share of the migrant cohort spends the first stage of its “fiscal lifecycle” overseas––the costly period of education and childhood."
https://assets.publishing.service.g...he_Fiscal_Impact_of_Immigration_on_the_UK.pdf

Nothing newer than 2011 though and wherever you look, most reports state that those figures do not include such things as health care, housing, education etc.

"The campaign group Migrationwatch compared the amount paid in income tax, national insurance, VAT and other taxes by migrants with the cost of providing them with health, education, policing, roads and other services.

The research found the gap between the contributions made by migrants from the EEA – which is the EU, plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway – and the amount consumed by its citizens was £1.2billion last year, or over £3million a day.

Lord Green of Deddington, the chairman of Migration Watch, said: 'This report shows that EU migration, taken as a whole, is not making the positive fiscal contribution that has so often been claimed.

Nothing newer than 2011 though and wherever you look, most reports state that those figures do not include such things as health care, housing, education etc.

"The campaign group Migrationwatch compared the amount paid in income tax, national insurance, VAT and other taxes by migrants with the cost of providing them with health, education, policing, roads and other services.

The research found the gap between the contributions made by migrants from the EEA – which is the EU, plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway – and the amount consumed by its citizens was £1.2billion last year, or over £3million a day.

Lord Green of Deddington, the chairman of Migration Watch, said: 'This report shows that EU migration, taken as a whole, is not making the positive fiscal contribution that has so often been claimed.
Migration watch are somewhere to the right of Gengis Khan and are about as scientific as someone selling crystals that realign your quantum resonance.

Also one of those links included was from 2014...

If refugees are included it's not an easy question to answer as they do cost the tax payer especially for a while but generally immigrants do contribute more than they take as do the British through and through fortunately. However I have met more of those that could make more effort to work but may be more selective about the jobs they are prepared to do. Brexit may sort that aspect out eventually.

Please note that it's not just the money aspect that us vile right wing racist ******* are concerned about. Ask yourself what degradations would you accept for a few more quid in the bank?

Please note that it's not just the money aspect that us vile right wing racist ******* are concerned about. Ask yourself what degradations would you accept for a few more quid in the bank?

The censored word was r-etards, amazing!

What loathsome attack? What foreigner hatred?

Not so much. Baby boomers paid for their parents pensions and health costs. Which was lower. Any surplus was not saved for a rainy day because that's not how these things work. (Privately held pensions are slightly different)

Now they're old then the economically active members of the country are paying for their pensions and health care which is more ambitious than they paid for, and also is being paid for more people.

The average baby boomer did quite well on an economic basis.

The baby boomer is the latest hate figure for the loony left (most of whom are themselves the most wealthy baby boomers).

Have you heard that the coronavirus is being called the "Boomer Remover" by some on the Internet?

Eh? I’ve changed nothing unlike you who attributed a question to Notch7 as a question to Andy11 by also quoting him. Fortunately the mods removed your attempted misquote.

Yes I read that a while back, the migration observatory is a good source.

It's slick, I'll give you that. There are vague acknowledgements that Immigrants from some countries are net contributors, until they have children. That's where it starts to get interesting because children do cost in terms of NHS, early years and full time education. Once a child starts school that's a minimum of 4k per year per child so if the parents are in low paid jobs they're not net contributors.
If the children are born in the UK, none of these costs are counted because, the kids aren't immigrants, they were born in the UK, and, I more or less agree with that, I agree with it in principal because hey, these kids are British, but it will be 16-20 years before they're paying tax (if the parents stay, and the left wing argument has always been that immigrants return after a period to their own countries) but as they wouldn't be here if their parents weren't immigrants maybe some acknowledgement of costs should exist.
If they have kids and they weren't born in the UK, the education cost can double if interpreters/linguists are required, none of these figures are included.

I acknowledge that the UK needs immigration (controlled) and has done since the war, I'm the son of immigrants so why would I think differently.
Net beneficiaries or net contributors? Dunno, probably like counting Covid deaths, it's complicated, and if anyone claims to have a definitive answer, their a liar.

Sponsored Links
Back