Nightmare Bath Plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, been reading here a while but sadly now need to ask some advice.

I've been fitting a new bath and taps, all seemingly going well. However the panels won't fit under one end (floor appears to be un-level in our 6yr old house!).

So having removed the old shower screen frame (a trial in itself) which was limiting the extent by which I could raise the bath, I started raising the bath.

Only to find that the pipes to the taps aren't long enough to give me enough to raise the bath!

So I need to somehow extend them. 1st thought was flexible connectors. However, the housebuilder strikes again; the pipes to the bath are 15mm and the tap connectors are obviously 22mm. They appear to have dogged something on to make the connection. But from what I can see you can't get flexible connectors with a 15mm pipe end and a 22mm tap end.

Anyone able to suggest a solution? The pipes are probably only about 2cm too short.

Cheers all.

Sponsored Links
I think its possible to get flexibles with 15 mm compression and 3/4" tap connectors.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Is it not possible to cut the panel. If the floor is not level and you lift everything up, surely there will be a gap at one end?

Needs to be 22m at the tap connector and 15mm at the pipe, unless I'm reading those suggestions posted above wrong?

Can't cut the panel, would look a right mess as it folds under at the bottom. I'm only raising the tap end of the bath.

Surely if you raise the tap end of the bath it wont drain properly.

Surely if you raise the tap end of the bath it wont drain properly.

:oops: :LOL:

Guess I have no choice but to cut the panel :(

edit: unless I can get a white uPVC bit of plastic to fill the gap left at the other end.

The bath should be level-no other way.If the floor runs out and leaves a gap under the panel so be it- you can't rebuild your house. You will have to disguise the gap with some beading or timber or whatever you fancy. You should not cut the panel to reduce its height-just raise the bath.

Yeah, think I'd rather do that than cut the panel.

Which means I still need to extend the pipes. I've tried looking for tap reducers, can you get them? i.e. convert a 22mm tap end down to a 15mm tap end?

Which means I still need to extend the pipes. I've tried looking for tap reducers, can you get them? i.e. convert a 22mm tap end down to a 15mm tap end?

No,no,no. Are you being serious.?

You just need two 15mm x 3/4 flexi tap connectors as already advised.
Now get the job finished so the family can use the bath.

15mm x 3/4 flexi tap connectors with built in isolation valves.
You will need to cut the bath panel, if thin plastic this can be done with a stanley knife and long spirit level, take your time and use mirror screws when fixing panel so it hides the screw head, come in chrome or Brass.

Piece of **** mate, just dont rush it .

Or buy a pair of 3/4 tap extenders from any decent merchant.

I think the OP is right on the upper limit of his skill curve already, don't you? Maybe he would find flexis the easier option.

No,no,no. Are you being serious.?

You just need two 15mm x 3/4 flexi tap connectors as already advised.
Now get the job finished so the family can use the bath.

How does a 15mm x 3/4" flexi connect a 15mm pipe to a 22mm tap fitting? Forgive me if this sounds stupid but I've never plumbed before. To my simplistic brain 3/4" to 15mm does not go.

It's nothing to do with skill, just a shortage of knowledge;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back