Replacing Bath Taps (Monobloc type)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I intend to replace the bath mixer monobloc (passed its SBD).

Having taken the bath panel off to see what I letting myself in for before attempting, getting at the connectors under the bath appears nigh on impossible, the clearances are minute, requiring a midget with a long arm to get at them. I think I can get at the plastic washer under the tap and bath (holds the bath mixer in place). I am sure there is some play in the supply pipes, which would allow me to slightly lift the monobloc away from the bath, I could the cut the tail of the tap and lift away the monobloc.

I then intend to cut the supply pipes and use flexible (valved) tape connectors with a new monobloc.

The problem I have discovered is that the cold water supply pipe (mains fed) is 15mm, whereas the hot water supply pipe ( gravity fed) is 22mm. Looking at the spec of bath taps (monobloc etc) they all appear to be 22 mm feeds, no problem with connecting the hot water (22mm), but how would I connect a 15mm flexible connector to a 22mm tap.

Any help and ideas appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Ive never seen a monobloc bath tap with 22mm tails??? Are u sure it isnt a bath deck mixer you are fitting?? If so , you can get a flexi-tap connector with 22mm at tap end and a 15mm connection at the other. :D

Am I getting confused, the existing bath taps consist of a hot tap -cold tap-and shower connector between the 2 in a complete unit. I thought this was a monobloc, but stand corrected.

Thats a shower deck mixer.

Monobloc is a tap that goes thru a single hole in the bath.
Deck mixer goes thru 2 holes.

Sponsored Links
if the cold feeds 15mm use a 15mm x 3/4" flexi.

and monobloc do come in 22mm tails if they are low pressure mixer.

Thanks for the info, back to your original reply, regarding a 22mm Tap end and 15mm feed end, can you also get 22mm flexible at both ends, looking at Screwfix 22mm both ends is available, but could not see 22mm tap 15mm feed end. Will keep looking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back