Nikon Mount or Canon?

Sponsored Links
Possibly a canon mount but Sigma SA has a similar contact block. Nikon mount electrical connections are totally different.

Link takes me to lens for sale, when I started there were three popular mounts Pentax, Nikon, and Canon, the Pentax has remained standard, although electric contacts have been added over the years, a 1970's K mount lens will still fit on a new Pentax, there are some slight problems between Ricoh electric and Pentax but you can turn off the electric bit.

However same is not true with Nikon, and Canon, age of camera matters, it's all down to which bit is in camera and which bit is in the lens, Pentax did image stabilisation in the camera from start, once film was replaced, but that was not true for Nikon, and Canon.

Today most the cameras use Sony cast off technology Sony make most of the sensors, and as you would expect keep the best for themselves. So stabilisation has moved in the main to in camera. So we have things like AF-S and AF-P DX etc added to lens description which tells those in the know which cameras they will fit.

Far to complex for me, I go to a shop with camera and say I want a xzy lens to fit this. Cameras are undergoing a massive change, by removing the mirror in the camera the lens is smaller the camera lighter and reaction time shorter, so mirrors are likely to go, and firms offer a range of camera bodies where user selects between low light and high mega pixels, and unless your using the picture on a large wall, high mega pixels are not required, so 20 mega pixels is ample for full frame, what is more important is low light.

So the professional guys are moving, which means load of second hand stuff for us hobbyists, as each level upgrades. Which means old cameras are simply not wanted. My Pentax K10D (2007) at one time the flag ship model, now changes hands for £160. The much better spec Nikon D7000 (2010) now around £260 again was best of the cut down sensor models when released. Think with zoom lens my late sister paid around £2000 for it.

Thanks for the help guys, and sorry I had to remove the lens from the auction as I'd advertised it as a Nikon, I have been reliably informed that it is indeed a Canon Mount.
Thanks again!
IMG_4071.JPG
IMG_4071.JPG
IMG_4082.JPG

Sponsored Links
Back